Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My walk home today

“Raise your hand if you have ever pushed your bike home.
Through 6 km of caked red mud.
In the dark.
While carrying three bags of groceries.
With handle bars that don’t point forward.

Anyone?

Didn’t think so.”

I just had a flashforward to me saying the above to a whiny high school class when I am teaching Spanish back in the states. It would be followed by me mumbling something about ‘suburban cream cheese’ (in reference to the students, not an actual cheese reference) and how ‘you kids just don’t know how good you have it. I know you all have really difficult lives, but how about concentrating on this matching worksheet for 5 minutes.’ Hopefully some of my old RBHS students read this.

1 comment:

  1. Unless you convert it to miles those kids won't have a damn clue what you're talking about

    ReplyDelete