Saturday, March 20, 2010

Happy St. Patty´s Day.

I´ve had some requests for my mail address so here it is:

Mike Dooley PCT
Cuerpo de Paz Centro de Entrenamiento
162 Chaco Boreal c/ Mcal Lopez
Asuncion 1580, Paraguay, South America

This will be permanent, except that once I am a volunteer the heading will change to ´Mike Dooley PCV´(I will be a volunteer whereas right now I am technically a trainee). Not a big deal really.

Next week I am going to live with a family that speaks only Guarani. This should be interesting, especially if I have to communicate to them any symptoms of the recent illnesses I have been experiencing. I have self diagnosed myself with a skin parasite, and possibly Giardia. These might sound bad but honestly they are pretty common around here. My immune system is in pretty good shape so I should be able to fight them off without a problem.

So the talk around here lately, or in Spanish the chisme, if you will, has been about where we are going to be placed for our two years of service in the Peace Corps. We find out in about a week and a half, and I´m the stereotypically nervous but excited. I could end up in the Chaco desert or a tropical paradise, who knows.

Sorry for the brevity of this post but I´m gonna roll out of this internet cafe soon as I´m feeling a little bit under the weather. Hope everyone had a proper St. Patty´s Day.

1 comment:

  1. Dools, I did some research and found some places that sell some of the Augustiner brewskis in Chicago. I'm hoping to get my hands on some to have tonight while watching the bball games. (NCAA tournament time if you're that out of the loop.) For each one I have, I'll have one for you as well. I've already called in sick for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete